LA PAZ, BCS - RIVIERA MAYA
SSI Freediving Instructor
Are you in love with freediving, do you want to share your knowledge and teach others? Change your life and share your passion with the world!
The freediving instructor training course is aimed at freedivers with a high level of skills and experience who are ready to take the next step and become professionals. This is an intense program that will empower you to lead confidently and patiently, teach professionally and transform your life.
During the course you will receive a series of practical and theoretical sessions under the guidance of your instructor trainer.
The goals of this program are:
- To know the SSI teaching materials to present them in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- You will learn the theoretical and practical in-water teaching skills you need to be a competent and safe instructor.
- You will understand and recognize the main mistakes you will find when teaching beginners and advanced freedivers, you will know how to help them to overcome their mistakes.
- You will gain knowledge of other aspects related to teaching freediving, such as legal aspects, marketing, policies and other side activities that you can offer in your business.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Having an SSI level 3 certification (or equivalent from another agency).
- CPR training and First Aid training with oxygen administration (SSI React Right couse is the best choice).
- Medical statement signed by a doctor no older than 1 year.
The candidate will have to pass 3 academic presentations, 3 confined water presentations, 2 open water presentations.
Water performance requirements:
All in-water requirements where the candidate has to wear fins must be done with bi-fins, no monofin.
- Swim 800 m with mask, snorkel and fins in 15 minutes.
- Swim 400 m without fins, buoyancy device or snorkel.
- Float during 15 minutes.
- CWT dive to minimum 40 m depth
- Dive to 20 m and hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then rescue another diver from that depth.
- Five immersions to 20 m with a surface interval of 1 min in between.
- BO rescue from 20 m with 50 m surface trailer.
- DNF dive of minimum 30 m
- DYN bi-fins dive of minimum 75 m
- Static apnea of minimum 4:00 minutes
- Ascend from 15 m using only arms
- Ascend from 15 m without mask
We explicitly reserve the right to approve and reject candidates, in case they do not complete all the necessary requirements.
At the end of the course you will be certified as an SSI Level 1 Freediving Instructor, which allows you to teach courses in Snorkeling, Freediving Basic Level, Freediving Level 1, training techniques and free immersion specialties.
What is included?
- Course materials, digital manual in mySSI app.
- International certification, upon successful completion of the course.
- 5 days of practice in open water
- Certification upon successful completion of the program.
What is not included?
- Food and drinks
- Personal equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit, weight belt)
Cost: $2,500 usd
How to start?
We have courses according to demand, so get in touch if you want us to organize one in your area, we always have courses in different areas, you can check what the next courses are and schedule yourself.
You can also get started right away by purchasing the learning materials online. While you read the manual from the comfort of your home, we can organize the pool and depth sessions
4% SERVICE CHARGE, PAYMENT WITH CREDIT /DEBIT CARD
CONTACT US IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DEPOSIT
REQUEST OUR SERVICES
Please enter your info and we will reply as soon as possible